Saturday 26 November 2011

Chapter 7...

Why is it the end of the chapter is so hard to write? Its not even like I dont know how to end it, its just actually getting round to doing it that seems such a struggle. The bulk of the chapter wrote itself but now im here in the last 1000 words and I cant bring myself to do it. The document just sits open on my desktop while I watch Grey's Anatomy, or blog, or Facebook, or Twitter. Thats another thing! As a writer Ive been encouraged to setup and manage all of this 'social media' but staying ontop of it seriously detracts time from any actual writing I do.

That being said, I have indulged in a number of other distractions over the weekend. Bought my first motorbike on Friday and unfortunately it is garage bound ASAP. No I didnt crash it, or drop it, or treat it badly...it just broke. I also went out last night and pretended to be eighteen, which was fun. Met a girl called Nicola who I genuinely liked and enjoyed speaking with and we got on really well, but as per there is a catch, she is spoken for. Ive travelled this road before as a younger man and it starts bumpy, rides bumpy and usually ends in a catastrophic crash of fists and feelings so opted to back off, which was the mature decision. Being an adult is not as fun as it is cracked up to be. Always worrying about consequencies, deadlines, responsibilities. What I wouldnt give to see the world through the eyes of a child again.

No comments:

Post a Comment